The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that auto accidents caused injuries to an estimated 2.34 million people in one year alone in the U.S. Anytime you get into a car, you are at risk of being involved in a serious collision that can have a severe effect on your life. Auto accident victims often need emergency trauma care and ongoing treatment, the costs of which can easily reach into the tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. In addition, some victims are unable to return to work for some time, if at all, and the losses for injured victims can be devastating.
At Salomon & Aquino, LLC we have been helping accident victims like you for more than 54 years and handle New Jersey car accident cases every single day. Allow us to help you deal with the real issues of getting better while we fight to get justice from the insurance companies and make sure that your medical bills get paid. We know how to give you reliable and practical answers that will provide you with the first steps to move past this accident. It should not cost you more to hire an experienced attorney to protect your interests.
There is no fee unless we win your case. There is no fee for an initial consultation. There is no reason to delay calling to and get your questions answered – and get the compensation that you deserve.
Types of Auto Accidents in a Personal Injury Case
No two auto crashes are exactly alike. Collisions can take place in different ways, for different reasons, and can cause a wide variety of injuries and property damage. The value of your case and the best approach to take in pursuing a claim will depend on different factors, including the nature and severity of the crash and the type of injuries you sustained. Also, believe it or not, reviewing your insurance policy (or someone’s in your household) is critical to asserting a motor vehicle claim. It determines: (a) how much coverage you have for medical treatment; (b) whether you have coverage for drivers that have no coverage or inadequate coverage (called uninsured or underinsured coverage); and (c) whether there is a tort limitation on your ability to assert a claim for bodily injury.
After reviewing your policy we will determine whether the accident was caused by another party’s negligence and what specific negligent act caused the crash. The following are only some examples of the kinds of reasons for car accident claims:
- Distracted driving – Texting, eating, using a cell phone, using a GPS, reading, grooming, talking to passengers, and similar activities can all result in serious crashes and injuries.
- Impaired driving – In New Jersey, it is unlawful and negligent to drive with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.08 percent or more or a BAC of 0.04 percent for a commercial driver. It is also negligent to drive with any drugs in your system that can impair your ability to safely drive.
- Aggressive driving – Drivers can allow their impatience with traffic manifest itself in dangerous ways, including excessive speeding, tailgating, trying to intimidate other drivers and road rage incidents.
- Breaking traffic laws – Traffic safety laws are in place for a reason and anytime they are violated, there is the risk of a serious crash.
- Running traffic signals – Running red lights or disobeying stop signs or traffic signs commonly results in collisions, especially at intersections.
- Dangerous truck drivers – Drivers of large commercial trucks can cause particularly severe damage and injuries to other motorists whenever they break the law or drive their trucks in a negligent manner.
- Malfunctioning auto parts – Auto companies sometimes sell parts for vehicles that are defective or dangerous. If brakes, tires, or other important parts malfunction, it can cause a driver to crash and the company that negligently sold the parts should be held responsible.
- Dangerous roads – The government is in charge of inspecting and maintaining most roadways and keeping them free from potentially dangerous hazards or conditions. If the government fails to do so, it may be held liable for any injuries that result.
One reason that we strive to meet with you as soon as possible after the collision is so that we can go to the site and examine the debris field and/or determine if there is any video footage of the collision. Let us do for you what we do best: go to battle for our clients to get them every penny of justice they deserve. You will not regret putting your faith in us to protect your interests.
Injuries from Auto Accidents
Depending on the type of collision that occurred and the speed at which the vehicles were moving, car accidents can cause a wide range of serious injuries. Some of the most common injuries can include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck or back injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal organ damage
Common losses from these injuries include extensive medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and more. Proving bodily injury claims can be challenging. The insurance companies for the drivers that injured you will almost always argue that you are not hurt, or that any injuries short of the obvious, e.g., broken bones, paralysis or burns, existed before and were not caused by the collision (they call that “degenerative”) and you were not aware of these hidden injuries. In other words, it’s just a “coincidence” that you went to the hospital or needed medical treatment after a car crash. And, it’s a “coincidence” that your life turned upside down after being injured in a collision. Silly right? Well, in the wrong hands and without a detailed understanding of anatomy and the mechanisms of injury an unskilled attorney could have a very difficult time establishing that your injuries and treatment are related to the collision.
Here, at Salomon & Aquino LLC, we have been protecting the injured for half a century and while our passion still makes us disgusted every time we see these arguments from the defense, we turn that passion into zeal to make sure that the insurance company and, if necessary, a jury understands and acknowledges your loss.
Retain an Auto Accident Lawyer in New Jersey if You Have Been Injured
Following a serious injury in a car accident, it can be difficult to know where to turn for help. Insurance companies make money when you don’t and they put up roadblocks for the unskilled and uninitiated at every step of the way. Fortunately, our car accident attorney at Salomon & Aquino, LLC travels that road every single day to benefit their clients and stand by to do the same for you. We understand the value of your life, a life worth enjoying, and will aggressively fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Please call (973) 278-1124 today, and let us begin to help you at no cost or obligation.